In 1996, Bill Gates declared: “Content is where I expect much of the real money will be made on the Internet, just as it was in broadcasting.”
The same holds true for 3D printing. The world is talking about 3D printers, and what one can print with them. Most emphasis has been put on printers and printing technology, and there is no doubt that the industry is advancing by leaps and bounds. However, for 3D printing to prosper, there must be items to print, marketplaces where those items can be found and secure distribution channels.
A 3D content publisher focuses on the 3D content, irrespective where the 3D model will be 3D printed. This offers new opportunities for product manufacturers, content rich organisations, brands, entrepreneurs, publishers, and many others.
The following topics will be covered during the 3D Content Conference?
- Creation of 3D Content
- Digital distribution of 3D content
- 3D Content as part of product portfolio of product manufacturers (from household to professional products)
- 3D Content as part of merchandising (f.i. gaming industry)
- 3D Content as part of repair/maintenance portfolio of product manufacturers
- 2D content owners who want to move into 3D Content (f.i. graphic design moves into 3D design)
- New business models
- IP / liability / legal issues
- 3D scanning
- Reverse Engineering of 3D products
- New type of job, the 3D content product manager / 3D publisher
Benefits of attending. The 3D Content Conference will consider these issues, present case studies from existing companies working in the space and from startups bringing new models and tools to the table. The conference will also consider legal and technical issues, marketplaces, distribution networks, control and ownership issues and look at how some of the biggest brands in the world are undertaking their first steps into 3D Content & Publishing.
Related conferences. The 3D Content Conference is part of a series of conferences on 3D printing, organized by Jakajima. Find out more about 3D Design & Engineering, 3D Materials, 3D Electronics, 3D Food, 3D Marketing, 3D Bioprinting and the general 3D Printing conference.