The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks!
In 1996, Bill Gates declared: “Content is where I expect much of the real money will be made on the Internet, just as it was in broadcasting.”
The same holds true for 3D printing. The world is talking about 3D printers, and what one can print with them. Most emphasis has been put on printers and printing technology, and there is no doubt that the industry is advancing by leaps and bounds. However, for 3D printing to prosper, there must be items to print, marketplaces where those items can be found and secure distribution channels.
A 3D content owner focuses on the 3D content, irrespective where the 3D model will be 3D printed. This offers new opportunities for product manufacturers, content rich organisations, brands, entrepreneurs, publishers, and many others.
On May 20th we welcome you to the 3D Content Conference at High Tech Campus Eindhoven, The Netherlands; the innovative networking event for everyone involved in 3D printing and the design, publishing and content industry.
The 3D Content Conference offers design and engineering professionals the chance to learn and meet the possibilities of 3D printing in the fields of 3D scanning, 3D modelling and 3D publishing.
The following topics will be covered during the conference:
- The creation of 3D content – design and 3D modelling software
- Digital distribution of 3D content – marketplaces and online platforms
- The great potential of 3D printing for the service / repair market
- 3D content as part of product manufacturers’ portfolios – from households to professional products
- 3D content as part of merchandising – f.i. the gaming industry
- Shifting from 2D content to 3D content – f.i. from graphic design to 3D design
- The need for new business models
- IP, liability, legal and technical issues
- Reverse engineering of 3D products
- The 3D publisher, a new profession?
Benefits of attending. The 3D Content Conference will consider these issues, present case studies from existing companies working in the space and from startups bringing new models and tools to the table. How are some of the biggest brands in the world undertaking their first steps into 3D Content & Publishing?
Related conferences. The 3D Content Conference is part of a series of related conference on 3D printing, organized by Jakajima. Find out more about the 3D Design & Engineering Conference on May 19th.
Get a combination ticket to get entrance to the 3D Content Conference as well as the 3D Design & Engineering Conference here.